If you don’t want to add your own essential oils to this recipe, liquid castile soaps (such as Dr. Bronner’s) come in a variety of scents.
- 10 to 15 drops essential oils of choice
- 2-1/4 cups liquid castile soap
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 3/4 cup water
- Choose your essential oils: Pick chamomile or lavender for their soothing properties; lemon or sweet orange to help whiten laundry; eucalyptus or peppermint during cold season or when experiencing sinus trouble; or simply a scent you enjoy, such as the clean, woodsy smell of cedar.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass container with a sealed lid or a squirt bottle. Shake once or twice before adding to the wash.
- To use, add 1/4 cup per average load of 1/2 cup for extra-large or heavily soiled loads.
Excerpted from The Naturally Clean Home © Karyn Siegel-Maier. Used with permission from Storey Publishing.